Dr Mike Johnson
I’ve been an IT lecturer in Cardiff since 2001 (my CU staff profile page). My first encounter with phenomenology was when reading for teacher training in Bath in 1997. 20+ years later I found myself drawn into a thesis-driven tango with Heidegger, among others. My research sought to explore what it is like to be a healthcare student with a mobile phone. These sorts of research interests are pretty niche so hanfod.NL has become a happy place of collaboration with wonderful people whose interests coincide. The Networked Learning Conference community has been a source of support and inspiration since I first attended in 2004, so putting something back in is important to me. Some links:
- Thesis at Lancaster University https://doi.org/10.17635/lancaster/thesis/698
- Wikiversity spot where I created a structure for sharing notes on Gadamer’s Truth and Method. Please do join in!
- Blog (occasionally) at http://networkedlearning.blogspot.co.uk
- Networked Learning Conference 2020 Paper: Phenomenology and Networked Learning: mobilage glimpsed from the inside through an online focus group
Alongside my sustainability endeavours with the Harmonious Entrepreneurship Society I support Research, Projects and Collaboration at the International Institute for Creative Entrepreneurial Development at the University of Wales Trinity St David.
I am currently engaged in the final phase of my doctoral phenomenological study of educators’ lived experience of nurturing the development of Higher Order Thinking Skills, specifically Creative & Critical Thinking skill
Through hanfod.NL, I am keen to augment understanding and invite challenge to ongoing interpretation and application of phenomenology in a Networked Learning context, particularly to support novice researchers.
- Personal Blog (Emergent Thinkers.com) https://emergentthinkers.com/about felicity
- Networked Learning 2022 (Sweden): with Mike, symposium and paper: https://www.networkedlearning.aau.dk/NLC2022/Submissions/Symposia/#534592
- Networked Learning 2020 Round-Table: Navigating the phenomenological and phenomenographic terrain as a doctoral student in a networked learning context
- Pathic Writing & Phenomenology: https://emergentthinkers.com/2020/08/09/in-celebration-of-pathic-writing-a-personal-journey/
- Staff Profile: https://www.uwtsd.ac.uk/staff/felicity-healey-benson/