We are greatly indebted to the Networked Learning Conference Consortium for sharing the vision, as well as financial and practical support.
Co-Chairs of HNL21
Dr Mike Johnson
My first encounter with phenomenology was when reading for teacher training in Bath in 1997. 20 years later I’m being drawn into a thesis-driven tango with Heidegger, among others. My research sought to explore what it is like to be a healthcare student with a mobile phone (does your phone control you or do you control it? 😉
Apart from hanfod.NL, one of my latest projects is to read Gadamer’s Truth and Method, two pages per day. It’s a challenging text so, apart from making my own notes, I decided to launch a place in Wikiversity where we could help each other. Please do join in.
- Thesis at Lancaster University https://doi.org/10.17635/lancaster/thesis/698
- Blog (occasionally) at http://networkedlearning.blogspot.co.uk
- Staff profile https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/people/view/39199-johnson-mike
- Networked Learning Conference 2020 Paper: Phenomenology and Networked Learning: mobilage glimpsed from the inside through an online focus group
Alongside my sustainability and entrepreneurial learning championing roles, I teach across a breadth of undergraduate and postgraduate level modules (online and face-to-face) within the Business and Sustainability Leadership portfolios.
I am currently engaged in a doctoral phenomenological study of educators’ lived experience of nurturing the development of Higher Order Thinking Skills, specifically Creative & Critical Thinking skill
Through hanfod.NL, I am keen to augment understanding and invite challenge to ongoing interpretation and application of phenomenology in a Networked Learning context, particularly to support novice researchers.
- Staff Profile: https://www.uwtsd.ac.uk/staff/felicity-healey-benson/
- Personal Blog (Emergent Thinkers.com) https://emergentthinkers.com/about felicity
- Networked Learning 2020 Round-Table: Navigating the phenomenological and phenomenographic terrain as a doctoral student in a networked learning context
- Pathic Writing & Phenomenology: https://emergentthinkers.com/2020/08/09/in-celebration-of-pathic-writing-a-personal-journey/